NGO Voice for community
The project was introduced between 15.03.2014 and 14.08.2015 in partnership with Social Alternative Association, Iasi Save the Children Association, Social Development Centre, Iasi Caritas Diecezan Centre, COTE Foundation, Iosif Foundation, Bethany Foundation of Social Services, Star of Hope Foundation and World Vision Romania Foundation, being financed through SEE grants, 2009-2014, within the framework of NGO Fund in Romania and with a total value of 144,645.00 euros.
The objective of the project was to increase the institutional capacity of at least 70 NGOs in the North-East region, to bring to the attention of regional and central public authorities the issue of the underfunding of the non-governmental sector and the deficiencies encountered in the process of decentralising the social services.
The project targeted at least 70 NGOs active in the social domain in the North-East region and 62 local and county counsellors from Iasi. The project’s indirect beneficiaries were those that access the social services of NGOs and the community. The area of intervention was the NE region.
The project was oriented towards three large areas of intervention:
- Increase in the visibility and capacity of at least 70 NGOs in the North-East regions to bring to the attention of central and regional public authorities the issue related to the underfunding and deficient character of the decentralisation of social services; promoting their integration in the growth pole for sustainable development and in local and regional strategies;
- Identification of specific needs in the social sector and their transposition into priorities and multiannual support and funding objectives by the local and county authorities from the North-East region;
- Consolidation of institutional and operational capacity of at least 70 NGOs from the social services domain in the region, in view of increasing their efficiency in managing the community resources and ensuring the visibility and sustainability of the developed programmes.
The most important achievements of this project include:
- Creation of the Federation of Non-Governmental Organisations for Social Services http://fonss.ro/, involved in changing the policies and sustainable development of the social services provided by NGOs in the field, from NE region;
- “NGO Voice” newspaper http://voceaong.ro/ziar-electronic/
- “NE region NGOs capacity in providing social services versus the availability of contracting local and county authorities” research http://fonss.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Raport-cercetare-FONS.pdf
Social services catalog http://fonss.ro/catalogul-serviciilor-sociale/
- FINANCER:SEE Grants, 2009-2014
- PARTNERSwith Social Alternatives Association, Salvati Copiii Association of Iasi, Social Development Centre, Iasi Caritas Diecezan Centre, COTE Foundation, Iosif Foundation, Bethany Foundation of Social Services, Star of Hope Foundation and World Vision Romania Foundation
- IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD15.03.2014 – 14.08.2015
- PROJECT VALUE: 144.645,00 euro
- IMPACT: In one year we managed to introduce a new structure on the market - FONSS, unique at national level and increase its notoriety so that, it would be invited, along federative renowned structures and organisations, to the majority of lobby and advocacy approaches carried out at national level. Thus, we managed to create a strength pole of civil society at Iasi and impose negotiation and partnership as forms of relationships between authorities and NGOs. Likewise, we have brought to the fore the NGOs' contribution to the community and add to the agenda of public institutions the social services suppliers' real problems. Thus, we consider to have consolidated the image of social NGOs as investors into the community.
- CATEGORY PROJECTS