Tool M&E Up!
Project: Tool M&E Up! – Tools for monitoring and evaluation of learning activities in youth projects under the Erasmus+ programme
The project will be implemented during 11 months (15.02.2017 – 14.01.2018), being financed by the European Union through the Erasmus+ Programme, Key-Action 1: Learning mobility of individuals, mobility projects in the education, training and youth sectors, Mobility project for youth and youth workers, Mobility of youth workers. The total project value is 37.987 Euro.
The project is coordinated by the Close to You Foundation having as partners 8 other European youth organizations: Consilium Development and Training, Malvern, Great Britain; Kopin (VO/0200), San Gwann, Malta; Center for Intercultural Dialogue (CID), Kumanovo, Macedonia; Institute for African Studies, Ljubljana, Slovenia; Association of Renaissance Institute, Ankara, Turkey; My Dreams Come True Association, Nowy Sacz, Poland; YMCA-Gabrovo, Gabrovo, Bulgaria and Youth Pioneers, Cardiff – Wales, Great Britain.
The goal of the project is to improve the quality of youth work within NGOs working with and for the youth through efficient use of creative and participative techniques for monitoring and evaluation of learning activities (M & E).
The project is based on needs identified among partners on the project for increasing quality in projecting and implementing learning activities for youths in order to reach a sustainable effect, especially in the field of active citizenship, of intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity and integration on the labor market, all the priority directions for the youth sector within the Erasmus+ program.
The main activities on the project are:
- Mobility 1 – training for 27 youth workers with respect to participative methods for evaluation and monitoring for assessing impact of learning activities: 8 days of mobility in Romania during May 21 – 28 2017;
- Piloting at least 9 methods learned by youth workers in the training, within the organizations they come from;
- Mobility 2 – Transnational seminar for consolidating the capacity for using instruments for future participative monitoring and evaluation for impact assessment: 7 days of mobility in Bulgaria, during August 27 – September 2 2017;
- Elaboration of a short textbook on participative methods of monitoring and evaluation for impact assessment with the following components: description of the methodology for participative evaluation and monitoring for assessing the impact piloted through the training programme and the follow-up activities developed by the participants; description of the learning process and the results; the results of the transnational seminar; proposals for projects and lessons learned; will be developed with contributions from all the partners..
The project aims at generating impact on three levels: organization, participants in the training, and beneficiaries of the pilot activities. The project will contribute to:
- Increase the capacity to choose, adapt and use creative and participative methods for M & E in order to obtain information in due and efficient time in order to improve planning and implementation of learning activities;
- Understanding and using the opportunities offered by the Erasmus+ programme in developing programs aiming at consolidating the capacities of youths and of other youth workers;
- Ability to recognize and integrate in their activities proposals for projects and participative methods for monitoring and evaluation for impact assessment;
- Efficient and light transfer of achievements and lessons learned among youth workers.
- YEAR 2016
- CATEGORY PROJECTS