Identify the Value
“Identify the value!” project introduced by Close to You Foundation and its project partner – “Echo of Cernobil” Foundation from the Republic of Moldova, between April 2011 and October 2012, has planned to develop, based on the cross-border cooperation principle, the premises for the development of social economy in Moldova. The goal was setting up vocational therapy services for 40 young people with disabilities. In practice, 2 workshops of vocational therapy – computers and bookbinding- have been replicated at “Echo of Cernobil” Foundation in Chisinau, developed by Close to You Foundation since 2004 in its centres of Iasi, Constanta, Tg. Mures.
The project benefitted from a budget of 147,470 euro, co-financed by the European Union through the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine-Republic of Moldova 2007-2013, priority 3 Promotion of “people to people” activities, measure 3.1 Support for the local and regional administration, for civil society and local communities.
The project was oriented towards three large areas of intervention:
- The creation of 2 vocational therapy workshops in IT and bookbinding within the framework of “Echo of Cernobil” Foundation of Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, ensuring the assistance through vocational therapy of over 40 disabled young people from the Republic of Moldova.
- The development of vocational skills among 40 young people with disabilities from “Echo of Cernobil” Foundation of Chisinau, the Republic of Moldova, by transferring know how from the applicant to the partner, through experience exchanges between the applicant’s beneficiaries and the partner’s beneficiaries, by jointly carrying out a creation camp for the beneficiaries of both countries, by establishing a cross-border network of disabled young people as the partner’s and the applicant’s beneficiaries.
- FINANCERthe European Union through the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine-the Republic of Moldova 2007-2013
- PARTNERS”Echo of Cernobil” Foundation of the Republic of Moldova.
- IMPLEMENTATION PERIODApril 2011 - October 2012
- PROJECT VALUE147.470 euro
- IMPACTWe have invested in identifying the values of disabled young people who joined the programme, by replicating a service that was successful in Romania, but that did not exist in Chisinau and whose objective was the social and professional integration of disabled young people. The fact that the two workshops from Chisinau have continued their activity after the completion of the project represents the best proof of the utility of this project and of the young people's need to spend their leisure time in a manner that is both pleasant and useful and at the same time, it emphasizes their willingness to develop the workshops at the level of those they have seen in Iasi.
- CATEGORY PROJECTS