ADV Romania Foundation is a non-governmental organisation and a work integration social enterprise, established in February 2002 by Holt International Children’s Service USA, whose mission is the integration of people with disabilities or other vulnerable groups. Its national headquarters is in Iasi and it is registered as a Romanian foundation, independent from state authorities, not conditioned by certain ideologies, doctrines or religions.
ADV Romania Foundation established in time 3 social businesses, being declared the 2016 Social Entrepreneur of the Year within the international competition EYEntrepreneur Of The Year.
ADV Romania is one of the biggest social enterprises from Romania, built around the one-stop-shop principle, according to which a disadvantaged individual or someone having lived in a placement center can access a package of services addressing several issues: social and psychological services, educational services, professional orientation, qualification, employment and assistance at the workplace.
In time, ADV Romania created 7 products for an integrated approach in the field of social economy:
- 2004 – The Youth Club – day center for children and young people from under privileged categories, including with disabilities. We teach them independent living skills in order to destroy the circle of poverty, continuously investing in education – a priceless possession of any individual!
- 2008 – UtilDeco – work integration social enterprise, having created in time more than 150 workplaces, of which more than half have been for people with disabilities and from other groups at risk. We offer archiving and document storage services, we produce protective and work equipment, printing services and work protection and safety services.
- 2016 – JobDirect – social enterprise and the first Agency for Placement and Assistance at the Workplace addressing people with disabilities. We offer services of evaluation, testing, counseling, professional capacity building, mediation and placement on the labor market, job – coaching for maintaining the workplace.
- 2017 – WISE.travel – social enterprise in the field of tourism – tour operator. Supports NGOs and social businesses by developing communities!
- 2018 –ADV Academy – we invest in education, research, public policies and social innovation in the field of social economy! The activities take place in Romania, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and the European Union.
- 2019 – The Social Enterprises Accelerator – grant administrator for 42 social enterprises established and developed in Romania, 5 in the Republic of Moldova and 3 in Ukraine! We multiply social enterprises and generate social and economic impact for the individual, the environment and the community!
- 2021 – OPYA - Coffee roastery where we try every day to turn disability into ability by creating the best possible coffee, freshly roasted and packed in Romania by people from groups at risk and with disabilities.
- 2022 – AFIN, the first non-banking financial institution from Romania dedicated to crediting and developing social enterprises together with our partners!
ADV Romania’s story is written by people and represents their dream of creating a better world! Come close to us! Let’s build together, let’s be the change we want to see in the people around!
What we do every day, practically defines our future!